Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Malissa Baldwin Malissa Baldwin is offline

Default Portable A/C on wheels as backup in case the central AC dies?

On May 22, 7:30 am, kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:
"Noon-Air" wrote in message

"Proctologically Violated©®" wrote

in
Why not just switch the portable you already have to the BR if needed?

And, PC Richards et al always have these in stock, so IF the central A/C
breaks, just run out and get one.

I have two portable Amanas, one I keep in the shop as a dehumidifier,

the
other is on the top floor where the central A/C isn't the greatest.
They suck, but hey.....

The dehumidifying aspect of even a crappy A/C is quite a help on some
days.
I did the calcs some time ago (based on what a small A/C condenses out),
and a 5 ton central A/C can crank out 100-200 gals of water on a single
humid day.
Almost pure, second only to true distilled water.

Really?? what about all the stuff in the air that is being carried off by
that condensate water?? all of the contaminates in the air that your
breathing?? You can drink it if you want, not me.

Had a guy drink some water from his condensing furnace cause he thought it
was pure. LOL

and?