Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Morse Morse is offline

Default Display problems after replacing IBM lap top main board

"Rick" wrote in message ...

snip

Nevermind. A second call to IBM confirmed that the first idiot I spoke
to at IBM gave me incorrect information. The 16 MB VGA version of the
main board isn't compatible with the display in this lap top.

Rick

Have they agreed to exchange the board for the correct one, Rick? I imagine
this is a frighteningly expensive item? Laptop manufacturers love to fleece
people for spare parts, which is one reason I'm reluctant to replace my
Omnibook 6100. It's been patched up a few times with secondhand spares very
cheaply, and bits are fairly readily available on eBay for them. If I bought
a new one I just know it'd fail one day outside the warranty and I'd be left
with a pile of junk!

Morse