Posted to alt.home.repair
Gary Slusser Gary Slusser is offline

Default Kinetico water softener opinions

On May 20, 3:58 pm, Oren wrote:
On 18 May 2007 14:30:12 -0700, Gary Slusser wrote:

That web site is doing things a bit different than industry standard.

I'll call Craig. As I said earlier, I'm not a softener person. Both of
you are in business and I'm just a DIY guy.

The last I knew he was in KS or MO selling water treatment chemicals
and his son or someone else was running the web site in CA.

They are selling softeners larger than Fleck Controls says the 5600
should be used on.

Not sure I get this?

Check that out on their Product Details link.
http://www.qualitywatertreatment.com...00se_lores.pdf

Can you clarify what you mean; compared to posted material here.

The Fleck spec sheet says the largest tank a 5600 can be used on is a
12" for a softener and 10" for a filter. The link I pasted is the
Fleck spec sheet.

http://www.qualitywatertreatment.com/flow_rates.htm
http://www.qualitywatertreatment.com/FAQS.htm#q15

I do not agree with those flow rates and as I said, they are higher
than the distributor publishes.

For 12 years a 1.0 cu ft softener has served to people; in two houses.
I replaced my system with a like system.

Then you didn't use more than 9 gpm. Did the softener always give you
soft water?