Posted to alt.home.repair
dean dean is offline

Default Looking for a pressure washer.....

On May 19, 5:58 pm, chrisexv6 wrote:
On May 19, 4:59 pm, wf3h wrote:

chrisexv6 wrote:
Wanting to buy a gas powered pressure washer. Read the myths, etc
(psi isnt always the most important feature, etc). and now am picking
a brand and model.

Costco and Sams carry decent Karcher models,

Looking for a PW myself. Wal Mart sells the Karcher. I just need one
to clean the house siding (painted wood). Karcher 1500 PSI is $95.
Would this be adequate?

Ive used a pressure washer once so far. Borrowed a 1300 psi electric
unit. Had to clean our 17'x40' deck. It took me 12 hours of pressure
washing to clean the wood off enough to seal. Because of that, I
would never try an electric again. I may just be jaded, but since I
need to buy one now, and from that one experience, Im going to buy a
gas one and spend the money to get a decent one.

If by "clean" the siding you mean just get rid of mold/mildew, the
electric might work OK. If you want to remove paint, you'll probably
be better off with a gas powered unit.

Im thinking a pressure washer is one of those things you dont need
until you have it, then you come up with a neverending list of things
you can do with it.

-Chris

HD sells the Dewalt gas washers - I just bought one after years of a
smaller gas model. This new one is 13HP GX powered commercial pump
(3500psi, 4gpm) and truly a pleasure to use, quiet, smooth, powerful,
quick connects on wand, which is a real plus when you have to move the
thing around a lot. Its $1000, though there is a smaller but similar
build Dewalt for $700.

HTH

Dean (2000 sq ft of deck)