Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default The dumbest thing I did this week...

Had a friend who did that to his car in the middle of winter. It sprayed all
over his windshield but was so thick that his wipers couldn't get it all
off, he barely made it home without running into something. Had to flush out
the bottle with a hose to get rid of it, wasted the price of a whole gallon
of engine antifreeze when he should have used a 99 cent bottle of windshield
washer antifreeze.

"Steve Barker" wrote in message
What's worse is when you dump antifreeze in the washer bottle. Had a guy
do that to one of the trucks at the last place I worked. Makes for a hell
of a mess on a buggy windshield.

"Eigenvector" wrote in message
. ..

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message
. ..
I don't know if this thread subject has been tried here before, but let's
see how many others are willing to tell the truth on themselves this
week.

Mine:

SWMBO bought herself a preowned Buick a little while ago and yesterday I
treated it to a new set of wiper blades and decided to check the fluids
under the hood for her.

Every car we've ever owned before had the coolant overflow bottle up
front near the radiator, and the windshield washer fluid reservoir near
the firewall.

Alas, her Buick has those containers in just the the opposite locations,
and so I dutifully topped off the coolant overflow bottle with
windshield washer fluid.

I recognized my brain fart when I next went to check what I thought was
the coolant overflow bottle and saw an "squirter" icon on its cap. The
bottle I'd just misfilled had no icon on its cap, but it now has the
message "COOLANT, DUMMY" written on it in marking pen. G

Fortunately the coolant overflow bottle's hose connects to a nipple on
its bottom so I was able to pop off that hose and drain my mistake into
a couple of coffee cans, then refill the bottle with antifreeze.

Jeff
--

I doubt it would have hurt anything at all - there's a few gallons of
antifreeze in there, a pint of wiper fluid won't hurt it. Still, don't