Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default Is this a US-only group?

Henry Law wrote:
| It's interesting; most of the groups I follow have a mixture of
| people from all over the world; lots of US people of course, almost
| as many from the UK, and a sprinkling of others, mostly from
| countries where English is spoken well (Canadians of course,
| Ireland, the Dutch, all the Scandinavians, the Finns, most of India
| and Pakistan, Malaysia, ...). But a quick scan through this group
| just now, though hardly rigorous, showed me only US posters and
| lots of US-specific topics (Home Depot, Craigs list ...)
|
| Before you start to hit the keyboard harder read this, though: it's
| fine with me if the answer is "yes": it's just odd, that's all.

As of 04:04 this morning, these are the recorded May hits by
domain/country at my web site. I think most of the search engine hits
fall into either the "Network" or "US Commercial" catagories. Nearly
all of my site activity is the result of posting articles here and to
alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking.

There have been 106401 total hits so far in May - from 67 countries.
Here are the "Top 30":

1 41364 38.88% Network
2 27573 25.91% US Commercial
3 14367 13.50% Unresolved/Unknown
4 3051 2.87% Canada
5 2865 2.69% India
6 1920 1.80% Australia
7 1551 1.46% Italy
8 1233 1.16% Hungary
9 1110 1.04% US Educational
10 1107 1.04% United Kingdom
11 1047 0.98% New Zealand (Aotearoa)
12 969 0.91% US Military
13 780 0.73% Greece
14 705 0.66% Non-Profit Organization
15 459 0.43% France
16 414 0.39% Thailand
17 402 0.38% Belgium
18 399 0.37% Brazil
19 399 0.37% Mexico
20 396 0.37% Poland
21 324 0.30% Netherlands
22 318 0.30% United States
23 300 0.28% Sweden
24 282 0.27% Czech Republic
25 279 0.26% Switzerland
26 267 0.25% Finland
27 264 0.25% Germany
28 252 0.24% US Government
29 219 0.21% Turkey
30 192 0.18% Japan

Methinks there are a _lot_ more lurkers than posters. I wish more of
the lurkers would join in our discussions...

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar