Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles John Stumbles is offline

Default Best vacuum cleaner for DIY?

On Thu, 17 May 2007 16:05:53 +0100, Cod Roe wrote:

PROS:
+ cheap
+ blows as well as sucks (useful sometimes)
+ wet and dry
CONS:
- you do need the wet+dry filter (£10 from Wickes)
- you do need to clean the filter, and sometimes that means washing it and
drying it, especially if you've been sucking up lots of fine dust
- mixing wet with fine dust blocks the filter double-quick fast: I usually
take the filter out for sucking up water (flooded floors etc) and empty
out & put the dry filter back for dust
- when sucking up lots of water it can spit out (often filthy) water from
around the motor housing as well as the blow orifice: if I'm working in
someone's house with it I station it outdoors, or put a dustsheet over it
to catch the spray
- the filter just pushes onto its housing and can slide down, especially if
the cleaner is bumped on the floor, and then you can get clouds of dust
blown out of it
- no handle, short mains cable, no cable, hose or tool storage

--
John Stumbles

What is a simile like?