Posted to alt.home.repair
Charles Pisano Charles Pisano is offline

Default 'Lowering' house water pressure

I'd like to lower the water pressure. I understand the pressure valve
has to be screwed 'out' as opposed to (the expected in) to lower the
water pressure??

And there are 2 nuts on the pressure valves stem. Not sure why there are
2.?? I want to lower it because ever since I had a frozen meter replaced
and the kid upped my pressure for me, I'm getting a little
(intermittent) noise feedback through the line when nothing is running.

It's almost like a faint knocking (not water hammer). And the meter
spins just a bit at the same time. (but again nothing in running-toilet
is not even self adjusting)

I think he may have upped it too much as it didn't make any noise
before and the home is new.

CP