Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Best vacuum cleaner for DIY?

wrote:

It is unfortunate that no one produces portable workshop cyclones.

Some people have made their own, I dont know how good the performance
is. Doesnt look like a difficult project though.

Its not:

http://www.internode.co.uk/cyclone/

It catches most stuff, but not having the tight taper to the cyclone
does not achieve enough acceleration of the airflow to spin out the
finest stuff. Having said that I use an old vax to suck through it with
a conventional paper bag in it. The cyclone catches enough fine stuff
that the paper bag does not need changing that often.

--
Cheers,

John.