Posted to alt.home.repair
Thomas D. Horne, FF EMT Thomas D. Horne, FF EMT is offline

Default Gas Grill Safety Questions

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Thomas D. Horne, FF EMT" wrote in message
BBQ grills that are listed for use in or on a dwelling will not except any
tank larger than 10 pounds without an adapter. That is done deliberately
to prevent the use of the larger propane cylinders inside a building.
Most regular BBQ grills are not listed as gas cooking appliances that are
suitable to use in doors.

You are talking about the tiny grills that are about worthless. That is not
what the OP is looking for and really has little to do with the subject of
use on a deck. Those things are table top units that use the disposable
tanks. Real grills use the 20 pound tanks.

Try again. Listed Propane fired cooking grills for use in structures
are every bit as large and often larger than the portable outdoor units
the OP was asking about. They are very commonly used in restaurants
that have no natural gas supply. The ones used for the catering
industry for cooking indoors are fitted with a cylinder holder for
portable ten pound propane cylinders. That size is seldom found in any
industry accept catering. The mere fact that you haven't seen the unit
I'm talking about does not mean it does not exist. No I'm not talking
about the table top units that are fueled by disposable cartridges.
--
Tom Horne

Well we aren't no thin blue heroes and yet we aren't no blackguards to.
We're just working men and woman most remarkable like you.