Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default Drywall Texturing Question....

Very standard approach. Called "roller stipple" here, requires a
bit of care during application to avoid roller ridges, globs, etc
to provide a pleasant ever texture. You can get slight variations
based on length of roller nap - longer will give a heavier
texture.

I know of installs well over 30 years old with no adverse
cautions.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"Kewless" wrote in message
Has anyone here ever *roller textured* drywall using a
mixture of joint compound and paint?

I had a couple drywaller/finishers/handymen come out to bid
this job (floating my living room walls and ceiling) and neither
of them wanted to mess with it. One of the *pros* suggested
this technique w/ the mud and paint - assuming that I didn't
want
to re-hang my sheetrock - and I'm just curious how well it holds
up.

Is this something that I'm going to have to redo a couple years
down the road? Or will it stand the test of time?