Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pete Pete is offline

Default Do ring main cables have to be concealed (i.e., chased or in trunking)?

"Rich" wrote in message

I want to have an extra socket in a utility room. The easiest way to
route the cable would be horizontally from an existing socket, then
neatly around the door frame, to the place where I want it. The room
has a solid floor and a solid ceiling. If I route the cable around the
door frame, as mentioned, has it got to be in trunking? I think it
would be neater without.

Thank you...

Rich

Put it how you like, you ask a very odd question.
Who is going to know anyway unless you take a full page advert in the local
papers.