Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Best vacuum cleaner for DIY?

On 18 May, 20:12, wrote:
On May 17, 7:32 pm, "Peter Andrews"
wrote:
"Cod Roe" wrote in message

Can anyone recommend a decent vacuum cleaner for DIY work which
doesn't need it's filters cleaning all the time or just burns out.

I've bought a few bag and bagless ones but when sucking up plaster,
brick and wood dust they all block up in no time and then cleaning
their so-called washable filters does little except to set harden the
crap onto it.

Just looking for a decent, reliable vacuum cleaner under £100 with a
decent capacity. Is this possible?

I haven't had any problems with one of these:

It has so far coped with cleaning up the lime plaster stripping in a room,
and all the woodworking/router dust extraction I have done since I brought
it, only had it since the beginning of the year though.

I've had one for over 6 years, buy a spare filter (£5) and change often,
wash it and let it dry, hence the need for two! That way the filters last
for years.

Also available are large diameter hoses, see

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Tools_Power_Index/Wet_and_Dry_....

Peter

Okay, ta all. I was going to get a Henry. Seems the Earlex is well
rated but it looks identical to one I bought under a different brand,
all the filters look the same too. Except mine blocked up with plaster
and wood dust and the motor overheated. I suppose I could always
return it if it screws up.
Cheers!

I get good results with a cyclone - would avoid diesoons though. Makes
a huge difference when doing dust creating work. One room I did
without it, place a mess, everywhere covered with dust. Another room
had it taped to the tool, most of the room didnt need any cleaning at
all.

NT