Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] deans@wdeans.com is offline

Default Okay if framing gets wet?

On May 18, 1:36 pm, "Toller" wrote:
I am building a 4x8 tool shed. I have the 4 sides up, and must buy
materials for the roof and siding. I am not sure when I will get around to
doing that. If it rains now is the framing going to be okay, or should I
put tarps over it?

On a related question, the siding is supposed to be installed with
galvanized nails. I hate to spend the money for them, since I have more
non-galvanized nails than I will ever use and would have to buy the
galvanized. How serious will the rust stains (I presume that is why
galvanized is called for, no?) be if I use regular nails? (upstate NY)

Greetings Toller,

If you were planning on painting the shed, consider painting the
entire shed iron-oxide / brick red.

Hope this helps,
William