Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Okay if framing gets wet?

"Toller" wrote in message
I am building a 4x8 tool shed. I have the 4 sides up, and must buy
materials for the roof and siding. I am not sure when I will get around to
doing that. If it rains now is the framing going to be okay, or should I
put tarps over it?

I've seen houses under contruction sit for months with no serious effects.

On a related question, the siding is supposed to be installed with
galvanized nails. I hate to spend the money for them, since I have more
non-galvanized nails than I will ever use and would have to buy the
galvanized. How serious will the rust stains (I presume that is why
galvanized is called for, no?) be if I use regular nails? (upstate NY)

When you see those little runs of rust starting, you'll know if the money
for galvanized was worth it. In the whole scheme of things, how much will
you save compared to the risk?