Posted to alt.home.repair
Charles Charles is offline

Default Gas Grill Safety Questions

"Robert11" wrote in message
. ..
Hello,

Guess I'm succumbing like so many others, and considering buying one of
those Gas Grills that seem to be everywhere. The ones that run off of a
Propane tank.

Have never had one before.

In my case, it would be placed, probably, on my wooden deck (attached to
the house)

Questions:

How "safe" are these things, both in use and just sitting there with the
attached tank ?

Would you keep it on a wooden deck ?

Are grease flare-ups while cooking a real safety concern ?

Any thoughts on this would be most appreciated.

Outside is where they belong. Turn off the tank when not in use. Use
common sense.

Compared to rotary lawn mowers, gas grills are very safe.