Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Halmarack Mike Halmarack is offline

Default What is Match Board

On Thu, 17 May 2007 16:46:23 +0100, "TheScullster"
wrote:

"Mike Halmarack" wrote

Matched boards are traditionally thinnish tongued and grooved boards
used for paneling. The edges of the board are usually chamfered to
make a feature of the joint, unlike flooring boards.
--

Thanks Mike

What I have appears to be the cheap and cheerful equivalent of these.
Preformed panel (of mdf or similar) with milled grooves to imitate t&g.

Phil

Last time I used anything like that it was pressed and printed on the
face of thin ply. It's quite useful stuff, even when you know it's not
the real thing.
--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack