Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian_m Ian_m is offline

Default Best vacuum cleaner for DIY?

"Cod Roe" wrote in message
Can anyone recommend a decent vacuum cleaner for DIY work which
doesn't need it's filters cleaning all the time or just burns out.

I've bought a few bag and bagless ones but when sucking up plaster,
brick and wood dust they all block up in no time and then cleaning
their so-called washable filters does little except to set harden the
crap onto it.

Just looking for a decent, reliable vacuum cleaner under £100 with a
decent capacity. Is this possible?

I haven't had any problems with one of these:

It has so far coped with cleaning up the lime plaster stripping in a room,
and all the woodworking/router dust extraction I have done since I brought
it, only had it since the beginning of the year though.

I agree, fantatsic vacuum for DIY.. Also available as Wickes own brand.
Worth buying the wet/dry fillter so no messing with bags and also brush
attachement as well. If I was doing it again I would buy the more expensive
Earlex model that has a 13A socket on it that automatically turns the vacuum
on when you turn your power tool on.
http://www.earlex.co.uk/html/wd_html/wd1200p.htm