Posted to alt.home.repair
M.Paul M.Paul is offline

Default Gas Grill Safety Questions

Safety-wise, a couple of things...
I wouldn't leave the tank in direct sunlight, and
I would close the valve on the tank every time I finish grilling.

Not a problem for a wood deck, but you might consider some barrier between
the tank and the deckboards - like a scrap piece of wood or a piece of
plastic so that the deckboards don't get scratched up or to prevent a
permanent LP tank impression.

Grease flare ups happen but it's not really a problem if the lid is closed.

Happy Grilling!
M.Paul

"Robert11" wrote in message
. ..
Hello,

Guess I'm succumbing like so many others, and considering buying one of
those Gas Grills that seem to be everywhere. The ones that run off of a
Propane tank.

Have never had one before.

In my case, it would be placed, probably, on my wooden deck (attached to

the
house)

Questions:

How "safe" are these things, both in use and just sitting there with the
attached tank ?

Would you keep it on a wooden deck ?

Are grease flare-ups while cooking a real safety concern ?

Any thoughts on this would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob