Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default soft cold patch?

On 17 May 2007 01:05:59 GMT, Clark wrote:

Jim Yanik wrote in news:Xns9932CE8061A20jyanikkuanet@
64.209.0.87:

[snip]

You might try putting a steel plate or thick plywood sheet over the patch
and driving your car or truck(heavier the better) over it to compress the
patch.You'll get more pressure that way.

Just how much pressure do you think a car or truck tire exerts?

About 30 pounds per square inch, although here it was recommended to
put a plate or plywood sheet over the patch, so the weight would be
spread out more.

I have no idea how much hand tamping does, but it's spread out too to
8 inches square, he said.

We have a lot of holes in our n'hood too. Does this cold patch work
pretty well most of the time. I saw a car recommended for when one
has no tamper. Is that good enough or, when I pull away, will the
black stuff go up on my fender and stick there?

[snip]