Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Clarke Mike Clarke is offline

Default securing to plasterboard wall

wrote:

It's only a small towel rad I want to fix, so it should be much
lighter than a "real" radiator.

I was thinking of using something like a metal hollow wall anchor, the
screwfix code is 11143; I'm not saying I will use that particular
size, but is this the kind of thing you were recommending?

They should do the job fine, I've had much heavier loads on these things
with no problems.

For most plasterboard you'll probably need code 18266 which should grip
boards between 6 and 13mm thick or 12229 for 8 to 16mm.

If you think you're likely to use many of these the setting tool (12429) is
well worthwhile, If you use a screwdriver to set them they sometimes twist
round making a mess of the plaster as you turn the screw to compress them
but the setting tool gives a clean straight pull.

--
Mike Clarke