Posted to alt.home.repair
Bri in Mtl Bri in Mtl is offline

Default Conversion Oil fired boiler to Electric boiler

On May 16, 12:41 pm, "kool" wrote:
" wrote in message

ups.com...

Living in Quebec which supposedly has the cheapest hydro rates in
North America I'm considering changing from an old oil fired boiler to
an electric boiler.
I have a relatively small house and the much smaller boiler unit, no
more oil tank, cleanliness and apparently faster heating time really
appeals me.
Anyone have thoughts on this?
Thanks in advance

Unless you have a big enough hydro service now, don't forget to include an
upgrade to probably a 200 amp. supply in your cost calculations. An
indoor/outdoor reset controller would also save on operating costs.

What's an indoor/outdoor reset controller?? I know there's an
optional outdoor sensor on some models that heats the water
temperature relative to the outside temperature -dunno if that's what
you're referring to.
Yes have the entrance upgrade factored in. (about $1400 Cdn)