Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Suggestions on what to use for "exterior" ceiling

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message
I am trying to decide what to do to replace it. Obviously one option
is to use drywall, or to use the same board as before, but I would
welcome any opinion/comment as to other options. I don't think I
could afford a true T&G wood ceiling that is installed plank by plank.

Location is Miami, FL if it makes a difference.

I'd avoid drywall as it would probably get damaged by moisture. If money
was not an consideration, cypress would be great. I'd seriously look at
some sort of vinyl siding material. There is a vertical style that looks
like board and batten that may look good up there.