Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default the price of CLS

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article k,
SoWeezy wrote:
3x2x8'

B&Q Culverhouse Cross £1.78
B&Q Bridgend £2.18
Jewsons Bridgend £3.63
Wickes Bridgend £1.99

I was seriously cheesed off after loading 40 onto a trolley before
noticing the price at B&Q Bridgend I just left the trolley, drove to
Culverhouse Cross and saved £16

Is it all the same quality, though? Last time I looked at this size in
Wicks it was all about as straight as the average politician...

As with most of the sheds, the problem is that they take in a delivery
of (say) 100 lengths of CLS, but (say) 10% are banana-shaped. So nobody
buys them. When there are only (say) 25 lengths left, they get another
100 delivered, again with 10% knackered. These add to the 10 already
there, so we now have 20 unusable lengths. Next time there's a
delivery, we'll end up with 30 rubbish lengths left on display, etc etc
- which means that unless someone buys bent stuff, the stock levels
won't go down low enough to trigger a new delivery.

Until someone with enough nous goes and clears out the unsellable
rubbish and starts again...

David