Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default Anyone recommend a cheap, small, reliable, easy to repair combiboiler?

TheScullster wrote:
"Duke" wrote

Asking again, due to lack of any recommendations before.
It is needed for a one-bed flat (for central heating and DHW) - about
60 sq mtrs floor area (kitchen + bathroom with bath + living room +
bedroom). One rad with TRV in each room. Biggest room is 4.5 mtrs x
4.5 mtrs. Flu will go straight out through the cavity wall on which
the combi will be fixed.

If it's for your use or for you to maintain - don't buy cheap!
If it's a renovation project get the cheapest you can find at the spec you
want with the longest guarantee ("the boiler still has 'x' years guarantee"
will be a selling point).

Sound advice.

The pros I know all seem to love Worcester-Bosch, and that's what I
ended up buying myself (a 24i Junior, which would suit the above
requirements I'd have thought) mainly to ensure my CORGI would not
object to fitting it!

Went through the Government 'energysmart' scheme at the bizarrely-named
http://www.uselessenergy.org.uk which AFAIK is as good a price as
anywhere for the models which they handle.

David