Posted to alt.home.repair
Banty Banty is offline

Default Want to buy 10' of neighbors yard and build a fence

In article , Edwin Pawlowski
says...

"Norminn" wrote in message
The value is more like "what do you want to pay". I would begin by
discussing it with the neighbor. If he is interested, then you have a
reason to proceed. It would be helpful to know the size of the lots, the
distance between structures, and how far the new line would be from the
closest structure.

That can be very important depending on the lot sizes and zoning. In our
town, a shed must be built a minimum of 10 feet from the property line. If
the line moves, so does the potential shed location.

If 10 feet is that important to the OP, it probably will be to the new buyer
also. I doubt this deal will ever be done.

Of course details are missing - but it can be important to the OP and not that
important to the neighbor.

However, his current neighbor has it against his interest as it may complicate
his sell. He should approch his new neighbor with the idea. After building,
and while maintaining, a good relationship with that neighbor.

Banty