Posted to rec.woodworking
Peter Bogiatzidis Peter Bogiatzidis is offline

Default OT? Wheels or casters for outdoor use?

Thanks for the replies.

Shortly after my original post I was given a broken leaf blower that has
three wheels that I can salvage. One swivel type for the point and two
pneumatic for the base.

Peter

"Peter Bogiatzidis" wrote in message
t...
Hello,

I've been using some 4X4 PT oriented in a triangle shape on the ground to
support my snow plow when it's off of the vehicle. The blade of the plow
straddles the "point" and the frame rests on the base. This temporary
setup works very well and makes it easy for me to either attach or remove
the plow with ease. What I would like to do is put them together as a
frame and make it mobile as well.

As far as putting the frame together goes, I was thinking about cutting
half-laps in the ends of the 4X4 PT stock and assembling them as a
triangle.

With regard to making it mobile, I'm not sure about which type of casters
or wheels to use for outdoors. I thought about possibly salvaging some old
lawn equipment wheels (any pros or cons as to solid vs. pneumatic?) and
mounting them on an axle recessed in a groove routed under the base of the
triangle and using a swivel type caster on the point.

Any suggestions as to which casters or wheels will hold up outdoors in the
rain or snow? Links?

Thanks in advance to those who post a reply here.

Peter.