Posted to rec.woodworking
B A R R Y B A R R Y is offline

Default And now, for something completely different -

Dean H. wrote:

Just dragging this further off topic, 100 miles is considered a big day if
you are off-road motorcycling on tight single track trails in the Sawtooth
mountains. Only the hard core, very fast guys get 100 mile days. Last summer
we did a 35 mile ride that took us about 5 hours.

In our case, 20 is a long day. G

Once a year, usually towards the end of the season, we do a group ride
we call "The death ride of the east", where we pedal 48 miles of
singletrack over 8-9 hours. The night before, we hide food and fluids
at road crossings. Most participants are in their 40's and 50's.