Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Painting Pressure Treated Wood

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message

I would like to paint the fascia boards to match the color of the
soffit, but when I did some research on the net it seems several links
mentioned that PR lumber should not be painted due to high moisture
content and will cause the paint to not adhere. Is there a way around
this?

Time. wait until next year.

Also the installer who replaced the fascia board did all the cutting
outdoor inside the screen enclosure and lots and lots of saw dust went
into the swimming pool which is right inside the screen area. I read
that the saw dust contains toxins and is irritable to skins, so if
it's floating all over my pool water should I be worried?

If the pool skimmer cleans it up you should be OK. I'd not want the dust
getting up my nose or in my eyes though.