Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Want to buy 10' of neighbors yard and build a fence

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
Lenders REQUIRE a survey. That's that.

Oh, BS, as usual. It is a case by case thing. In the case of a recorded
subdivision, they often accept the recorded plat as a valid description of
the property they have a security interest in. Been that way on deals I have
been involved with in several states.

Not that a survey is a bad thing, mind you, especially if you live in an
area that has dispensed with abstracts. One of these days, I'll bother to
get a survey on this place. In the meantime, having assisted in surveys as a
kid, my own quick'n' dirty measures off the easily found benchmark in the
back yard agreed with the deed, so I sleep easy.

aem sends...