Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] bigjim@backpacker.com is offline

Default Want to buy 10' of neighbors yard and build a fence

I think it all depends on the location of the 10' you want to buy. If
the neighbor has several acres and you want to buy 100 sq. feet it
might be easy and doable. If he is on the typical minimum lot size
most builders use it may be difficult. If you just put up fence
without and he sells without notifying buyer , providing new survey
etc, the buyers are likely to realize your fence is on "their"
property and remove it promptly (I would). An inch or so no biggie
but 10' over I'd be angry. It cant hurt to ask local authorities and
an attorney but may not be worth it

On May 15, 8:04 am, " wrote:
when the neighbor decides to sell it will make his home worth less
than everyone elses. because of the undersized lot