Posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens
raycruzer raycruzer is offline

Default Propane weed burner question

On May 14, 4:02 pm, TH wrote:
On May 12, 10:35 am, "Jack S" wrote:

I've got a rock "lawn" and I would like to quit using herbicide for killing
weeds, and try scorching them instead.

There are a lot of weed / roofing torches on ebay and I was wondering if
there is anything to choose for or against in buying one. The one I'm
leaning toward getting says: "3000+ Fahrenheit" - that's enough, right?

Thanks

Boiling water works suprisingly well.

Flaming is also used in organic farming to keep the annuals and
biennials from growing and flowering. Eventually the roots will die
from a lack of photosynthesis. If they are already flowering, you may
wish to cut or pull out the plant and flowers to reduce weed seeds
from spreading around. However, I doubt if any weed seeds may survive
the toasting at 3000+ F?

-----
At peace with weeds...