Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair
n cook n cook is offline

Default Generic (cheap) Power MOSFETs ?

Arfa Daily wrote in message

"Ron(UK)" wrote in message
N Cook wrote:

In a similar vein. If an amp needs a rare or expensive or unattainable
output hybrid block STK..., TA..., Si... I tend these days using a
relatively cheap for its performance, 100W TDA7294 instead. Small

enough
place upside down or 2 together for 2 channels, with extra clamping and
with
a strip of matrix board on the new block pins then insulated wires
crossing
over one another to the original pad positions.
It is usually possible to work out the DC rails, i/ps,o/p, comp, mute
lines
even if a pinout for the original is not available.

I do miss those Maplin 150 watt mosfet modules, great for resurrecting

old
stuff like H-H PA amps and the like. There`s nothing quite like them

now,
I must have built over a hundred, and most of them I bet are still
working.

Ron(UK)

Ron

I always used to favour the ILP modules for the same purpose. Remember

them
? They always used to advertise in Practically Witless magazine. For many
years, they disappeared, then I tried searching them on the 'net a few

years
back, and I found a piece by the guy that was originally involved with

them,
and it seemed that he was going back into production. I just put it into
Google again, and it came straight back with the top hit, so it seems that
they are in production again now. As I recall, these were very 'plug n

play'
also with only + / - power, gnd, in and out connections, and were just

about
bomb proof. Might be worth getting one in just to play with ... ??

http://www.ilpelectronics.com/index.asp

Arfa

I seem top remember those were dV/dt suceptable to failure (fridge-switch
syndrome) if you did not limit the i/p dv/dt

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England