Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair
n cook n cook is offline

Default Generic (cheap) Power MOSFETs ?

Ron(UK) wrote in message
N Cook wrote:

In a similar vein. If an amp needs a rare or expensive or unattainable
output hybrid block STK..., TA..., Si... I tend these days using a
relatively cheap for its performance, 100W TDA7294 instead. Small enough

place upside down or 2 together for 2 channels, with extra clamping and

with
a strip of matrix board on the new block pins then insulated wires

crossing
over one another to the original pad positions.
It is usually possible to work out the DC rails, i/ps,o/p, comp, mute

lines
even if a pinout for the original is not available.

I do miss those Maplin 150 watt mosfet modules, great for resurrecting
old stuff like H-H PA amps and the like. There`s nothing quite like them
now, I must have built over a hundred, and most of them I bet are still
working.

Ron(UK)

--
Lune Valley Audio
Public Address Systems

Assuming you put in spring clamps, or such, then cutting off the protruding
tab of the TDA7294 leaves a block only 20x10x4 mm , so 2 easily go in the
space of an STK... etc and those are usually quite a bit less than 2x 100W.
I wonder if they're bridgable, I'll have to dig out the pdf.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England