Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mungo \Two Sheds\ Toadfoot Mungo \Two Sheds\ Toadfoot is offline

Default B&Q (OT rant)

The Medway Handyman wrote:

At last the voice of reason! Why are Tesco et al so successful? They give
the punters what they want.

Yus. I fail to see why, when people demonstrate against a new supermarket,
they don't just ignore it and continue to use their existing shops. The
reason appears to be that *most* people *do* want a supermarket local to
them, but perhaps are currently forced to use ****e local shops where they
wait an hour to be served whilst knitting patterns are discussed at length
by the mad tivvies behind the counter.

If a community was entirely happy with their shopping arrangements prior to
said supermarket opening surely it would be forced to close soon enough?

Even Dave "I fookin' 'ate Tesco, me!" Fawthrop uses Tesco when he "has to"!

Si