Posted to alt.home.repair
Neil C. Neil C. is offline

Default Want to buy 10' of neighbors yard and build a fence

wrote:
Sorry if the subject line wasn't too detailed, but here's what I want
to do. My neighbor will be selling his house soon. I want to ask him
if I can purchase 10' from the current propery line onto his yard. All
total it's about 100 square feet. We are in a typical subdivision. If
he agrees to that, I will build a new fence on the new line. But I
have some questions.

First, how do I find out what the value of the land is worth some
thing like this?
Second, how do I get it recorded at the local government level
(county)?

You live in a subdivision, and want to buy some of neighbors property?
Good luck with that, unless the neighboring property isn't in the
subdivision.

I have yet to see a subdivision which hasn't been set to minimum size
lots for the division.

I'll take the odds, your zoning won't go for it. And, they'll give you
this dumbfounded look, as if they can't believe someone would ask such
an question, and still be in charge of their own finances.