Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default Want to buy 10' of neighbors yard and build a fence

In article .com,
wrote:

First, how do I find out what the value of the land is worth some
thing like this?

The value is whatever he will sell it to you for. Maybe start at some
percentage of assessed valuation of the land or something similar.

Second, how do I get it recorded at the local government level
(county)?

County recorder is usually the one who does that, I think. Call them and
ask. I would probably also find an attorney just to keep things legal.
I would also find out who has zoning authority and ask them if
there might be any trouble for your neighbor. Sometimes zoning rules
require minimum lot sizes.