Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Type A transmission fluid

On May 14, 3:04 pm, mm wrote:
Found almost nothing about Type A transmission fluid on the net,
except that it was used in the 40's and 50's, and yet I thought I
bought or used some decades later than that.

Does every xmission fluid meet Type A standards now? ...

Except for those that don't... It's been so long since I had
anything except GM I really am not sure, but I believe there's still a
difference between the old Type F and equivalents...

Did Dexron Mercon used to be labeled type A also?

Again, don't think it was ever labeled as Type A (because while it met/
exceded those standards, that wasn't the standard it was labeled
against) but was an acceptable substitute.