Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default B&Q (OT rant)

"John" wrote in message
Saw a battery operated hand held fan with rows of LEDs at the check-out
today. I wondered who thought that a Chinese factory should bother making
such a daft thing and then ship it half way around the world so that we
end up putting it in our land-fill sites.

If it didn't sell, they wouldn't import them and shipping a container
halfway around the world takes less fuel than driving it from one end of the
country to the other.

We have people getting up-tight about carbon footprints and renewable
sources - yet we appear to be encouraging ridiculous production that uses
up resources without adding to the value of life of the person buying it.

The people who buy them must disagree with that, or they wouldn't buy them.

Colin Bignell