Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Type A transmission fluid

Dexron

DEXRONŽ-III MERCONŽ provides superior wear protection for all passenger cars
and light trucks requiring the use of a Type A or Type A Suffix A, DEXRONŽ,
DEXRONŽ-II, DEXRONŽ-IIE, DEXRONŽ-III or MERCONŽAutomatic Transmission
Fluid --

wrote in message
Found almost nothing about Type A transmission fluid on the net,
except that it was used in the 40's and 50's, and yet I thought I
bought or used some decades later than that.

Does every xmission fluid meet Type A standards now? I have to refill
and replace my '95 LeBaron conervertible power top motor/pump and I
guess I know anything will work fine, but the just about identical '88
motor I'm replacing it with says to use Type A.

Did Dexron Mercon used to be labeled type A also?