Posted to alt.home.repair
Pop` Pop` is offline

Default Pressure washer - no high pressure

dean wrote:
Hi all,

I gave my smaller pressure washer to my neighbor (retired now, really
cool guy btw), and I brought it over to him and tried to show him how
it works. But I could get no high pressure. The model is a DeVilbiss
WGV2021-1 2000psi, 2gpm with a B&S 6HP engine.

Water flows through the wand at low pressure. When the engine is on,
there is no different in pressure, its just tap pressure. The pump did
not freeze over winter as I had it indoors. Last fall it was working
fine.

Changed the pump oil. No change. Oil was not low.

Changed the wand from high to low and back several times, no change.

Anything else I can try? Are the pumps simple to disassamble and put
back together again? I can get a new pump for $110, but I couldn't
charge him for it.

Any tips welcomed. This is the model:

http://shoppingcart.msservicecompany...21/wgv2021.pdf

Dean

Does the low pressure stream look right? Seem right? Operate as you
remember it?

It's possible the wand nozzle isn't working. On low, there is lots of room
for t he ater to come out, results in low pressure. On high, all the water
comes out the tiny opening in the end at the pencil spray setting. That
will be high pressure.

If you're not getting the rated input flow needed, you'll never get the
output pressure at full high. The most water moves in low. Less water
moves in high. And it'll burn out the pump.