Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Adding sliding cheeks to standard fence of Trend router table?

Peter Ashby wrote:

I have my table legs screwed to a piece of mdf held in my workmate via a
batten underneath.

Uncanny, that's what I did with mine ;-) (except it was ply rather than MDF)

;-) I like the height it gives, being unshort means much stuff is too
low for my back, like kitchen worktops.

Yup I know that feeling! (6'2" and a bit ish)

On top of the posh workmate with all its legs down seems to be a nice
working height though.

I was wondering if it was necessary to fully enclose the underneath for
efficient extraction or if just the back would be sufficient. How was
the one you saw done? if you remember.

It was fully enclosed, with possibly a small vent toward the top. That
way the dust gets caught in the airflow and collected. You probably
want the vacuum outlet near the base.

I can't remember which video it was, but I was watching some of the
examples he

http://www.eaglelakewoodworking.com/

and one showed a good internal shot of his router table with under
collection. You can see from the example videos on thing like the circle
jig that it does do a very good job collecting

--
Cheers,

John.