Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default B&Q (OT rant)

In article ,
TheScullster wrote:
If any of said people were serious about the issue, we wouldn't have
Tescos etc using strong arm methods to put local shops out of business.
Local shops provide excellent service for single/retire people and
families doing in-between shops. Taking travelling cost into account,
they are not that much more expensive (if used with caution).

Strangely it wasn't the large supermarkets that killed off my local
grocer type shops but the Tesco Metro. It's no larger than some of the
previous competition, but provides exactly what I, as a single person,
want. Ignoring price too. Previously, the local shops seemed only to sell
what they wanted to sell rather than what I actually wanted to buy.

What do I want from this sort of shop? A selection of decent fresh
produce. Possibly ready made main courses of good quality if I'm in a
hurry. And the fact they have a car park is a big plus.

--
*7up is good for you, signed snow white*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.