Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jak Jak is offline

Default Anyone recommend a smallish, cheapish combi boiler?

On Mon, 14 May 2007 19:17:20 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

IIRC, they are made by Halstead... which is not particularly reassuring
but there are worse ones out there. They are probably ok for a basic
boiler (especially if you won't be owning it for much longer)

Does the *whole installation* have to be done by a corgi plumber, or
can I do it all myself, except for connecting it to the gas supply?

You can do all the rads etc yourself. Your fitter may agree to let you
do most of the boiler as well. You could do the lot yourself if you can
claim "competence".

Thanks.. How does one claim "competence"? Would the fact that I've
done it successfully before (before the corgi regs came in) class me
as "competent" by the powers that be? If not, what is the likely
backlash, if I just go ahead and do the whole job? I'd certainly like
to avoid paying a corgi plumber - if doing so isn't going to invite
headachey beurocratic problems.

Cheers,

Jak