Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default B&Q (OT rant)

Saw a battery operated hand held fan with rows of LEDs at the check-out
today. I wondered who thought that a Chinese factory should bother making
such a daft thing and then ship it half way around the world so that we end
up putting it in our land-fill sites.

We have people getting up-tight about carbon footprints and renewable
sources - yet we appear to be encouraging ridiculous production that uses up
resources without adding to the value of life of the person buying it. We
should be putting resources (including transportation) into useful things -
not tat.

John