Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Nancy Young Nancy Young is offline

Default My neighbor was scammed by driveway spraying scammers

"Leo Lichtman" wrote

"Rod Speed" (clip) And you have no practical way of checking if they have
registered with the cops or not. (clip)
Don't they get paperwork that they are required to show on demand?

Yes, and people who have it can't wait to show it to you.

I wouldn't ask for it if they didn't, I'd say no thanks, then call after
they left. Luckily we get very few door to door people, mostly
Jehovah, and the occasional kid selling candy or cookies.

nancy