Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default My neighbor was scammed by driveway spraying scammers

Nancy Young wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Nancy Young wrote

A number of towns around me started implementing laws
that door to door salespeople had to register. You know those
magazine salespeople? They are recruited in the inner cities,
bussed to the suburbs and dropped off. Many of them have
criminal backgrounds. Sounds like some paranoid story I'm making
up. How much money are they making off these subscriptions to make
this scheme worthwhile?? At any rate, they can be trouble, and a
couple of years back one of them murdered an elderly lady when she
let him in for a glass of water.

I don't think it's paranoia to have sales people ... or whomever ...
register so they are on notice, the police know you're in the area.

Pity the real crims wont bother to register with the cops.

The point is they are breaking the law if they knock on your door

No they arent if they have registered.

and the police will respond if they are reported.

And you have no practical way of checking if they have registered with the cops or not.

Just another terminally stupid system that only inconveniences those
who arent the problem and does nothing about those who are.

Screw that, if they are knocking on my door selling ****, you think I care if they're
inconvenienced?

The crims that matter arent, fool.

If you're that paranoid, it makes a hell of a lot more sense
to have decent secure security cameras so you can give
the cops the footage when something undesirable happens.

I'm not paranoid.

Corse you are.

But thanks for playing.

Pathetic.