Posted to alt.home.repair
Charlie Bress Charlie Bress is offline

Default latex paint

"Norminn" wrote in message
link.net...
clipped

I was in an HOA where one owner moved out and stopped paying the monthly
fees. The HOA put a lien on the house. They followed up with the usual
letters and the threats to forclose the lien. Eventually they did
foreclose the lien and the house ended up in a foreclosure sale. Somebdy
bought it for enough to satisfy the mortgage, taxes and what was owed to
the HOA. It was the first time I got to go to a foreclosure sale. No, I
wasn't a bidder. I lived next door to the property involved.
This was in Florida. As you can see there was no need to wait for the
owner to live up to his responsibilities or sell the property.

In Florida, if it is a homestead, it can't be taken for debt other than
unpaid taxes, I believe. Homestead has to be primary residence, etc.

I don't know if it was homsteaded or not, but it damn sure was sold. The guy
had moved out of the country and had someone (lawyer?) covering the first
mortgage which also might have had the escrow account for taxes. I guess
they didn't think the HOA could do anything. They were wrong. The couple
that bought it fixed it up and sold it.

Charlie