Posted to alt.home.repair
dee dee is offline

Default latex paint

i live in florida, my house has tile roof, I painted with BEAR red
latex paint, now the home association want me to remove it,
what product i can used ?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Rob Rob is offline

dee wrote:
i live in florida, my house has tile roof, I painted with BEAR red
latex paint, now the home association want me to remove it,
what product i can used ?

You painted your tile roof with latex paint?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Rob Rob is offline

That's what he said :-)
--
Oren

Well technically he said that his house has a tile roof and he painted
something with latex paint, but we don't need to get too picky I
guess.... lol

Posted to alt.home.repair

That's what he said :-)

Well technically he said that his house has a tile roof and he painted
something with latex paint, but we don't need to get too picky I
guess.... lol

According to a "board member". Somebody in our HOA painted some
portion of their house RED. The owner ignored letters to correct the
CC&R violations. Eventually, there was a lien placed on the property.
The HOA will collect if and when the owner sells the property.

--
Oren

Posted to alt.home.repair

You might have to power-wash it off.

Posted to alt.home.repair

That's what he said :-)

Well technically he said that his house has a tile roof and he painted
something with latex paint, but we don't need to get too picky I
guess.... lol

According to a "board member". Somebody in our HOA painted some
portion of their house RED. The owner ignored letters to correct the
CC&R violations. Eventually, there was a lien placed on the property.
The HOA will collect if and when the owner sells the property.

I was in an HOA where one owner moved out and stopped paying the monthly
fees. The HOA put a lien on the house. They followed up with the usual
letters and the threats to forclose the lien. Eventually they did foreclose
the lien and the house ended up in a foreclosure sale. Somebdy bought it for
enough to satisfy the mortgage, taxes and what was owed to the HOA. It was
the first time I got to go to a foreclosure sale. No, I wasn't a bidder. I
lived next door to the property involved.
This was in Florida. As you can see there was no need to wait for the owner
to live up to his responsibilities or sell the property.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 13 May 2007 15:54:36 -0400, "Charlie Bress"
wrote:

.. .

That's what he said :-)

[...]

In my HOA, the lien cannot be transferred to a new buyer by law. The
owner can't escape the money owed and has to clear the lien. Our HOA
can in fact make the corrections to an owner property and then add the
cost to fines, etc, etc.

--
Oren

Posted to alt.home.repair

That's what he said :-)

Well technically he said that his house has a tile roof and he painted
something with latex paint, but we don't need to get too picky I
guess.... lol

According to a "board member". Somebody in our HOA painted some
portion of their house RED. The owner ignored letters to correct the
CC&R violations. Eventually, there was a lien placed on the property.
The HOA will collect if and when the owner sells the property.

--
Oren

Our city has code that disallows - I forget the term, but something like
"unusual" - color but doesn't specify. The city or county got after
someone who painted "for sale" on their roof. Ennyhoo, the OP should
read the HOA documents to see what the rules say. Latex paint on
masonry is normal here, but not red. Probably need a couple of coats to
cover it. If the documents don't disallow it, I would write a letter to
appeal if I had my heart set on a red roof, in hopes it will be time to
repaint before they get real serious.

In our condo, similar to many HOA's, we don't own the outside so would
not be allowed to paint it. I should say, it is common area, not ours
alone.
Posted to alt.home.repair

clipped

I was in an HOA where one owner moved out and stopped paying the monthly
fees. The HOA put a lien on the house. They followed up with the usual
letters and the threats to forclose the lien. Eventually they did foreclose
the lien and the house ended up in a foreclosure sale. Somebdy bought it for
enough to satisfy the mortgage, taxes and what was owed to the HOA. It was
the first time I got to go to a foreclosure sale. No, I wasn't a bidder. I
lived next door to the property involved.
This was in Florida. As you can see there was no need to wait for the owner
to live up to his responsibilities or sell the property.

In Florida, if it is a homestead, it can't be taken for debt other than
unpaid taxes, I believe. Homestead has to be primary residence, etc.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 13 May 2007 20:35:53 GMT, Norminn
wrote:

clipped

I was in an HOA where one owner moved out and stopped paying the monthly
fees. The HOA put a lien on the house. They followed up with the usual
letters and the threats to forclose the lien. Eventually they did foreclose
the lien and the house ended up in a foreclosure sale. Somebdy bought it for
enough to satisfy the mortgage, taxes and what was owed to the HOA. It was
the first time I got to go to a foreclosure sale. No, I wasn't a bidder. I
lived next door to the property involved.
This was in Florida. As you can see there was no need to wait for the owner
to live up to his responsibilities or sell the property.

In Florida, if it is a homestead, it can't be taken for debt other than
unpaid taxes, I believe. Homestead has to be primary residence, etc.

I understood (many moons ago); Florida's Homestead Exemption was to
exempt $25,000.00 from taxation, not really to protect assets but to
give a tax break on the 25K.

In NV we file a Declaration of Domicile establishing residence. My
last understanding is it protects the home owner from having a home
taken for owing debt (exclude mortgage lenders,tax). I mean an HOA
cannot take the home due to fines, liens, etc. If they can pile up
interest, why would they? (gotta check this again)

--
Oren

Posted to alt.home.repair

That's what he said :-)

[...]

I use exterior latex on my "Taco Bell" looking stucco, but would never
consider it (or any paint) for the Spanish type barrel tile on the
roof.

In our condo, similar to many HOA's, we don't own the outside so would
not be allowed to paint it. I should say, it is common area, not ours
alone.

Documents are important as you say. I've seem some Condo HOA's (Las
Vegas) that do not maintain the outside; leaving outside paint and
repair up to the owner.

Being from FL I never witnessed "painted tile" as a younger person.

I did see an HOA issue a fine, because the Boy Scouts set up tents to
dry several tents; (Cape Coral, FL) after a camping trip.
--
Oren

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Norminn" wrote in message
link.net...
clipped

I was in an HOA where one owner moved out and stopped paying the monthly
fees. The HOA put a lien on the house. They followed up with the usual
letters and the threats to forclose the lien. Eventually they did
foreclose the lien and the house ended up in a foreclosure sale. Somebdy
bought it for enough to satisfy the mortgage, taxes and what was owed to
the HOA. It was the first time I got to go to a foreclosure sale. No, I
wasn't a bidder. I lived next door to the property involved.
This was in Florida. As you can see there was no need to wait for the
owner to live up to his responsibilities or sell the property.

In Florida, if it is a homestead, it can't be taken for debt other than
unpaid taxes, I believe. Homestead has to be primary residence, etc.

I don't know if it was homsteaded or not, but it damn sure was sold. The guy
had moved out of the country and had someone (lawyer?) covering the first
mortgage which also might have had the escrow account for taxes. I guess
they didn't think the HOA could do anything. They were wrong. The couple
that bought it fixed it up and sold it.

Charlie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 13 May 2007 14:55:18 -0700, Oren wrote:

I did see an HOA issue a fine, because the Boy Scouts set up tents to
dry several tents; (Cape Coral, FL) after a camping trip.

This should read City Ordinance[?] fine, not a HOA fine.

Opps!

--
Oren

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Sun, 13 May 2007 13:14:27 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Sun, 13 May 2007 15:54:36 -0400, "Charlie Bress"
wrote:

. ..

That's what he said :-)

[...]

In Md. I think the lien has to be renewed periodically. Every two
years? Without hiring my own lawyer, I haven't found out how we can
foreclose on the lien. I assumed we could, but afaik, we never have.

From another post,
I mean an HOA
cannot take the home due to fines, liens, etc. If they can pile up
interest, why would they? (gotta check this again)

Oren, the other members of the board would much rather have the money
than the money and som interest years from now. I don't get all upset
when someone owes money, but even I would rather have the money now.

When we want to earn money, we buy a CD or something. A lot of
people like their, and their HOA's, books to look clean, All the
bills paid and everyone who owes us money having paid it. AND, they
really resent that, in their view, some people don't think they have
to pay the bills that all the other people pay.

I, myself, don't think that is the reason they haven't paid**. I do
think some are very short-sighted and materialist, and if they would
stop paying 40 dollars a month for a cell phone, or 40 dollars a month
for cable, they could pay the 39 dollars a month HOA bill. But I'll
bet at least half don't have cable or a cell phone anymore. But
regardless, I figure as long as we get our money some day, plus
interest, that's good enough for me.

**I got a traffic ticket once for driving through a gas station to
bypass the light at the corner, when I was planning on turning right
at the corner. At my hearing, the judge complained that I thought the
laws didn't apply to me. But that wasn't it. The light and the
narrow road leading up to it created a real bottleneck that made
people wait through two or more lights to get the through the
intersection. I thought I was doing everyone** a favor by going
around it. And I would have advised everyone else in the same
situation to do the same thing. **Everyone behind me then and for
the rest of rush hour. I had made the line one car shorter for all
those people.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

wrote:

In our condo, similar to many HOA's, we don't own the outside so would
not be allowed to paint it. I should say, it is common area, not ours
alone.

I didn't know there were HOAs where the owners didn't own the roofs.
I do own mine, but we have no rule about roof color. But not because
I own it. I'm not allowed to paint my house any other color than the
one it was built with, and I own that too.

But someone would have to explain to me why the roof *tile* was
painted. I don't think that is a good idea.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"dee" wrote
i live in florida, my house has tile roof, I painted with BEAR red
latex paint, now the home association want me to remove it,
what product i can used ?

Usually tear-off shovels do the trick. I hope they realize, you will get
wet, when it rains.

Posted to alt.home.repair

clipped

Documents are important as you say. I've seem some Condo HOA's (Las
Vegas) that do not maintain the outside; leaving outside paint and
repair up to the owner.

Being from FL I never witnessed "painted tile" as a younger person.

Most folks around here have concrete tile (not clay) and paint it. My
guess is that concrete lasts longer? Less expensive?

I did see an HOA issue a fine, because the Boy Scouts set up tents to
dry several tents; (Cape Coral, FL) after a camping trip.
--

Every once in a while an HOA makes the news - last one I recall was the
wife of a soldier in Iraq who had signs in the yard, which were against

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 13 May 2007 23:42:10 GMT, Norminn
wrote:

clipped

[...]

Once I had the HOA police collect and not return my garage sale signs.
No wonder the slow down in sales!

They did a "grab-by" :-))

A Specific model was sold by the community center and under every
circumstance must be used.

--
Oren

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT latex paint

That's what he said :-)

[...]

Rob, Oren and Charlie are a queer mix of socially challenged old women with
nothing better to do than gossip and push their own bottom-feeding tripe
rather than touch an on-topic word in any of their posts. There is a name
for such blatherskiting dummies but I choose not to issue such profanity
here amongst their sunburned appearing necks.

Rant, bitch & flame all you want you old biddies; you're all more worthess
than tits on a boar hog, skidmarks in the sky and spam; I've had my say and
feel no need to waste any further effort on you-all. You should all have
your middle fingers epoxied and stapled to your lower lips.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Rules vary by state and after some ridiculous actions by HOA's in some
states many states have reduced their powers by law.

"Oren" wrote in message
On Sun, 13 May 2007 15:54:36 -0400, "Charlie Bress"
wrote:

. ..

That's what he said :-)

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair
dee dee is offline

On May 13, 12:31 pm, Rob wrote:
dee wrote:
i live in florida, my house has tile roof, I painted with BEAR red
latex paint, now the home association want me to remove it,
what product i can used ?

You painted your tile roof with latex paint?

this paint its a roof sealer with color. , I NEED TO REMOVE
IT!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

dee wrote:
i live in florida, my house has tile roof, I painted with BEAR red
latex paint, now the home association want me to remove it,
what product i can used ?

It would be easier to paint over it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 14 May 2007 00:08:52 GMT, "Pop`"
wrote:

Take your medication in the correct dosages. They should all be issued
during "pill call".

Then cite a flame I made.
--
Oren

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 13 May 2007 19:20:40 -0400, mm
wrote:
In Md. I think the lien has to be renewed periodically. Every two
years? Without hiring my own lawyer, I haven't found out how we can
foreclose on the lien. I assumed we could, but afaik, we never have.

In your CC&R's ? Looked back at mine. The HOA can foreclose on the
lien and can actually bid at the foreclosure sale.

--
Oren

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

wrote:
In Md. I think the lien has to be renewed periodically. Every two
years? Without hiring my own lawyer, I haven't found out how we can
foreclose on the lien. I assumed we could, but afaik, we never have.

In your CC&R's ? Looked back at mine. The HOA can foreclose on the
lien and can actually bid at the foreclosure sale.

The house is messy again, but otoh, I was just given a second or third
copy of the papers. I'll try to find them and look.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 14 May 2007 09:26:24 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

dee wrote:
i live in florida, my house has tile roof, I painted with BEAR red
latex paint, now the home association want me to remove it,
what product i can used ?

It would be easier to paint over it.

Yes, the HOA approved color. Power wash will make a hell of a mess.

--
Oren

Posted to alt.home.repair

I live in FL and have a tile roof which hasn't been painted since we
moved in. Is there some reason why you cannot paint over the red
latex paint? I think mine was painted with oil paint since almost
everything else was painted with oils... but I thought you could paint
over latex with oil.

My understanding about liens on houses is that the owner can sell a
house with a lien on it (if someone wants to buy it) but the money
owed the lien holder is taken out at closing and used to satisfy the
lien so the buyer can get a clear title.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 14 May 2007 15:09:39 -0700, Dottie wrote:

I live in FL and have a tile roof which hasn't been painted since we
moved in. Is there some reason why you cannot paint over the red
latex paint? I think mine was painted with oil paint since almost
everything else was painted with oils... but I thought you could paint
over latex with oil.

From '52-'89; living in FL I never saw a painted tile roof. It might
happen today, but I never saw one! The one exception might be a white
coat over a tar/roofing material to refract the FL sun.

My understanding about liens on houses is that the owner can sell a
house with a lien on it (if someone wants to buy it) but the money
owed the lien holder is taken out at closing and used to satisfy the
lien so the buyer can get a clear title.

In NV the lien has to released by the holder or otherwise cleared
before closing.
--
Oren

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
In Md. I think the lien has to be renewed periodically. Every two
years? Without hiring my own lawyer, I haven't found out how we can
foreclose on the lien. I assumed we could, but afaik, we never have.

In your CC&R's ? Looked back at mine. The HOA can foreclose on the
lien and can actually bid at the foreclosure sale.

The house is messy again, but otoh, I was just given a second or third
copy of the papers. I'll try to find them and look.

I have one paper copy; the management company for HOA put our CC&R
online in PDF format.

The one flaw is I cannot word search the file. I've asked this to be
corrected (restricted file).

Glad I took another read on lien/foreclosure. d8=

--
Oren