Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default latex paint

clipped

I was in an HOA where one owner moved out and stopped paying the monthly
fees. The HOA put a lien on the house. They followed up with the usual
letters and the threats to forclose the lien. Eventually they did foreclose
the lien and the house ended up in a foreclosure sale. Somebdy bought it for
enough to satisfy the mortgage, taxes and what was owed to the HOA. It was
the first time I got to go to a foreclosure sale. No, I wasn't a bidder. I
lived next door to the property involved.
This was in Florida. As you can see there was no need to wait for the owner
to live up to his responsibilities or sell the property.

In Florida, if it is a homestead, it can't be taken for debt other than
unpaid taxes, I believe. Homestead has to be primary residence, etc.